Total renewal: everything you need to know about peeling
Form a smooth face, remove clogged pores and neutralize dull complexion. Good peeling will cope with these tasks. Dermatologists Elena Lykova and Elena Pasternak explained features of funds, told as choose the correct treatment option and properly prepare the skin for the procedure.
Types of peels
By type of exposure:
1. Hardware – ultrasonic or laser peeling. It improves blood circulation, removes impurities, sebum and comedones. This is one of the most gentle exfoliation methods. Ultrasound tones muscles, improves nutrition and oxygenation of the skin.
2. Mechanical – diamond microdermabrasion. Microcrystals gently exfoliate cells and actively polish and smooth the skin. A fairly easy and gentle method to stimulate skin regeneration.
3. Biological – cleansing takes place with the help of enzymes. Enzymes loosen the top layer of the skin and gently remove dead cells. This option is great for problem skin care.
4. Chemical – consist of various acids in certain concentrations. Moreover, the type and percentage of acid is calculated individually, depending on the condition of the skin and the scope of work.
By the strength of the reaction and the depth of penetration:
1. Superficial – active substances act only on the stratum corneum. These peels are ideal for tightening pores, treating acne, as well as correcting minimal age-related skin blemishes and improving complexion. This view the safest, so the procedure can be done all year round.
2. Median – affect the layers of the epidermis. As a rule, they are recommended for correcting wrinkles and getting rid of post-acne.
3. Deep – act on the area between the epidermis and the dermis. Suitable for removing deep wrinkles, light lifting of the skin and general rejuvenation effect. This species hasthe highest risk of complications. “The safest period for such manipulations with the skin is mid-autumn – early spring.
Contraindications for the middle and deep version: pathological scarring, keloids and skin atrophy. To preserve the result and pronounced effect, you must complete the full course.
Preparation rules and care after the procedure
For two weeks before a chemical peel, you should use a retinol or AHA acid based product. Avoid aggressive skin cleansing between treatments. Choose liposomized lotions for sensitive skin or soap-free creams (look for soapfree on the packaging).
During the course, we put all scrubs, gommages, as well as exfoliating lotions in a ban-list, so as not to injure the skin too much. It is also prohibited to visit solariums and stay in the sun without protection. On the day of the procedure and for three to four days thereafter, you must not go to the sauna or take hot baths.
During the period of active peeling, on the third to fifth day after peeling, you need to use protective protectors based on organic silicon (silicone). They cover the skin with a protective film and allow it to regenerate smoothly. In the first week, experts recommend using moisturizers based on hyaluronic acid and plant extracts (for example, aloe vera gels and creams). “
An alternative to surface peeling – homemade exfoliators that only affect the topmost layer of the epidermis. These are masks, scrubs, peeling rolls and lotions with a low percentage of AHA and BHA acids.
Photo: press materials
Interview: Daria Biryukova