How to make a meal for dinner: a chef’s recipe
For dinner, we suggest baking fish with curry leaf sauce. Joseph Thomas, Chef at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, shared the recipe with Wedding readers.
Ingredients: reef fish, carrots, zucchini, leeks, celery.
Ingredients for shellfish: shellfish (2 pcs.), onion (½ spoon), garlic (½ spoon), thyme (1 stem), white wine (50 ml).
Ingredients for pesto sauce: curry leaves (10 g), cashews (10 g), salt.
Ingredients for the clam sauce: shellfish broth (50 ml), saffron (1 pinch), cream (25 ml), butter (25 g).
1. Prepare the pesto sauce. Fry and chop the curry leaves. Grate toasted cashews. Mix everything together by adding salt.
2. Prepare the clams. Sauté the onion, garlic and thyme in oil. Add clams and white wine. Cover with a lid.
3. Darken carrots, zucchini, leeks and celery while maintaining color.
4. Cook the reef fish. Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Fry on both sides in a hot skillet until golden brown and cook in the oven.
5. Top (fish) with curry leaf pesto.
6. Serve with vegetables and shellfish.
Author: Zhanna Spiridonova.
Photo: press materials.