How to make chocolate pancakes: a pastry chef’s recipe
A delicious dessert, such as chocolate pancakes, will help brighten up the time in self-isolation. Try these recipes from Naomi Kilpatrick, chef at the Mandarin Oriental, Doha.
Ingredients: vanilla extract (2 teaspoons), yeast-free flour (344 g), cocoa powder (40 g), baking powder (2 teaspoons), baking soda (1.25 teaspoons), ghee (80 g), egg (2 PC.).
1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees.
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, icing sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter, vanilla extract and eggs.
4. Stir slowly and add mixture to the first bowl. Continue stirring slowly to avoid clumping.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add a little oil and spread over the entire surface.
6. Pour some dough into the middle of the pan. If necessary, trim a little to make the circles as even as possible.
7. Bake pancakes on each side for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Cover the finished pancakes with foil and place in a preheated oven to keep warm.
9. Decorate the finished pancakes with any toppings such as chocolate and strawberries.
Photo: press materials.
Author: Zhanna Spiridonova.