How to do an express manicure at home: expert advice
Manicure has become an integral part of the life of a modern girl. But now beauty salons are closed, we are in quarantine at home and are deprived of the opportunity to receive professional care services. But you should not despair, because now our beauty is in our hands. Previously, we advised on how to safely remove gel polish at home. And now Tatiana Dzedz, brand coach OPI will tell you how to do an express manicure yourself at home.
Part 1: grooming, shaping
1. Treat your hands with an antiseptic.
2. Remove the old coating with a cotton pad soaked in nail polish remover.
3. Shape and length your nails with a natural nail file. Avoid using a very hard file, especially if you have thin nails. If the file is new, treat its edges with a buff – this way you will not damage the nail plate and the delicate skin around the nail.
4. Apply cuticle softener and leave for 2 minutes. For home use, choose a creamy, alkali-free product. It is desirable that the composition contains salicylic acid and nourishing oils for a softer effect on the skin.
5. Push back the cuticle with an orange stick or metal pusher, without applying strong pressure, so as not to damage the nail.
6. Dry side bolsters can be cut with a soft file in one direction.
7. If there are burrs or the cuticle has grown too much, carefully cut it off with nail nippers.
8. Gently buff the skin around the nail.
Nail polish remover Expert Touch; Nail & Cuticle Oil ProSpa; Basic coverage Natural Nail Base Coat; Securing top coat Top Coat; Drops for quick drying of varnish Drip dry; Hand scrub Micro-Exfoliating Hand Polish ProSpa; Hand cream ProSpa
Part 2: applying varnish
1. Before coating, degrease the nail plate with an alcohol-based product (nail polish remover will not work!). This will help the coating last longer.
2. Try to always use a base coat to protect your nail from pigmentation. A medicated nail polish can be used instead of a base.
3. Apply the colored nail polish in two thin coats. If you apply a thin layer of varnish and allow it to dry well before applying the next coat, it will dry faster.
4. Apply top coat (top) to nails to protect the color from environmental influences.
5. Wait 15-20 minutes for the varnish to dry. The manicure is ready.
Use a varnish drip dryer. This will save time and moisturize your skin at the same time. If you use cuticle and nail oil regularly, the cuticle will not grow back quickly and your nails will become stronger. Take care of your hands. Use a scrub, apply cream and oil, then the manicure will last longer.
Text: Anastasia Kokovikhina.
Photo: Wedding archive, press materials, Unsplash, Elina Sazonova.